Chapter 1: The Complexity of Occupation
1. Which of the following concepts was the main focus of early communications amongst the founders of the occupational therapy profession?
A. Leisure occupation
B. Occupation work
C. Primary modality
D. Exploratory learning
2. The authors state, “Occupation is the defining concept of occupational therapy.” From the choices below, which best defines occupation as viewed by the founders and early scholars of the profession?
A. Activities related to paid work
B. Leisure activities of the upper class
C. Daily life tasks and recreation
D. Activities for the purpose of diversion
3. What are the three reasons for the use of occupation in treatment identified by Dr. William Rush Dunton, Jr.?
A. Divert the patient’s attention from disturbing thoughts, provide a potential hobby that may prevent further mental anguish, and provide a potential means for future livelihood
B. Divert the patient’s attention from lost function, provide a safe and nurturing environment for purposeful activity, and provide a potential means for future livelihood
C. Encourage a patient’s analysis of the basis for disturbing thoughts, provide a potential hobby that may prevent further mental anguish, and provide patient education
D. Encourage a patient’s analysis of the basis for disturbing thoughts, provide a nurturing environment for purposeful and functional activity, and provide patient education
4. Adolf Meyer and Eleanor Clarke Slagle supported a mental health treatment approach believed to improve functioning that has been limited by the development of faulty habits over time. What is the specific name of this treatment approach?
A. Occupational therapy
B. Work therapy
C. Habit training
D. Productivity training
5. The onset of which of the following events caused occupational therapy to experience a shift from a focus on occupation to more physical and medically based intervention approaches to practice?
A. World War I
B. World War II
C. The Great Depression
D. The Balanced Budget Act
6. During this period what were the preferred terms that were used in the professional literature instead of occupation?
Chapter 1: The History of Health Care in Canada
1. When and where was Canada’s first medical school established?
a. Saskatoon, in 1868
b. Ottawa, in 1867
c. Montreal, in 1825
d. Kingston, in 1855
TEST BANK ESSENTIALS OF ORAL HISTOLOGY AND EMBRYOLOGY 5THEDITION CHIEGOTEST BANK ESSENTIALS OF ORAL HISTOLOGY AND EMBRYOLOGY 5THEDITION CHIEGOTEST BANK ESSENTIALS OF ORAL HISTOLOGY AND EMBRYOLOGY 5THEDITION CHIEGOTEST BANK ES...
Test Bank: An Instructor’s Solutions Manual to Accompany DESIGN OF FLUID THERMAL SYSTEMS, 4TH EDITION WILLIAM S. JANNATest Bank: An Instructor’s Solutions Manual to Accompany DESIGN OF FLUID THERMAL SYSTEMS, 4TH EDITION W...
The benefits of buying study notes from CourseMerits
Assurance Of Timely Delivery
We value your patience, and to ensure you always receive your homework help within the promised time, our dedicated team of tutors begins their work as soon as the request arrives.
Best Price In The Market
All the services that are available on our page cost only a nominal amount of money. In fact, the prices are lower than the industry standards. You can always expect value for money from us.
Uninterrupted 24/7 Support
Our customer support wing remains online 24x7 to provide you seamless assistance. Also, when you post a query or a request here, you can expect an immediate response from our side.