auto mechanic quesitons some are online. true or false some are multiple choice
Basic Automotive tire service BATS 2
1. Technicians should let the lug nut spin on the spin on the end of the stud to make sure is completely remove.
2. The lifting points on some vehicles can be identified by small triangles molded on the rocked panels. True
3. Standing in the trajectory of the sidewall during the tire inflation process increases the risk of injury if a separation occurs.
4. Technicians should never use a balancer if the hood has been removed.
5. The traction point of the entire is the spot where the bead crosses the trim flange during the tire mounting process.
6. Technicians should never use a balancer if the hood has been removed.
7. The traction point of the entire is the spot where the bead crosses the trim flange during the tire mounting process.
8. Protective eyewear is only necessary when using notary tools. False
9. If the last four number of the Tin or Dot Code are 0811. Then the tire was manufacture in the 8th month of 2011. True
10. The center of gravity or a rear-wheel drive vehicle is located under the steering column. False
11. Before unseating the beads of an assembly with a band-mounted sensor the valve stem should be located at the shovel of the tire charging machine.
12. Failure to clean the mounting surface on the back of the wheel can result in the loss of clamping force.
13. Which of the following specifications can be found on the vehicles tire placard?
14. On a two-post above good lift with a maximum capacity of 10,000 pounds, the maximum weight for each arm is?
15. Technician A says proper torque guarantees proper clamping force when instantly a tire/wheel assembly.
Technician B says torque wrenches should be stored with the wrench at the highest setting. Who is correct?
16. Puncture repairs are limited to the crown area of the tire with a maximum diameter of ¼ inch.
17. Light truck tires with steel sidewall plies that are returning to service must be inflated in a restraining device and inspected for a zipper rupture.
18. Coated wheel weight for aluminum wheels are interchangeable.
19. If significant movement is detected on more than are lug nut during the torque check, the technician should
20. Every lift truck tire with steel sidewall plies must be inspected for a zapper rupture before it can be returned to service. True
21. Injuries small than 1/8 do not require a rubber stem.
22. The maximum injury angle for a one-piece combination repair is 25.
23. Lubricant have no effect on the relationship between torque and clamping force
24. A rim with the identification ship of 16x7 is 16 inches in diameter and 7 inches wide. True
25. In the tire size 215 155 R17, the 17 represents the Bead diameter in inches.
26. Which of the following is the correct procedure for snuggling the lug nuts?
27. When can a nail hole be repaired in the shoulder of the tire?
28. What does the “T” in the RIST procedure stand for?
29. Torque is the measurement of twisting force. True
30. Light truck tires with steel sidewall plies must be completely deflated before they are removed of the inflation is less than 80% of the recommended pressure.
31. Which of the following areas must be lubricated with approved rubber lubricant before mounting a tire?
32. Which of the following will result in the loss of installation torque?
33. Which of following statement regarding tire mounting is true?
34. Where should the valve stem be located when demounting a tire.
35. All bolt circles are measured from the center of one bolt hole to the center of the opposite bolt hole. False
36. Aluminum wheels should be secured to the machine from the outside of a rim-clamp trim charger.
37. Which of the following statement regarding tire/wheel assembly removal are true?
38. Which of the following statement regarding statement balance are true?
39. The service description in the size represent the
40. What does the “R” in the RIST procedure stand for? None of the above
41. It is acceptable to install tire 9.50-16.5 Lt on a 16x8 rim. False
42. When replacing two tires on a front-wheel drive vehicle, the new tires should be installed on the front axle.
43. When pin-plate adapters are used to secure the assembly to a between the core is not necessary.
44. It is acceptable to use a portable floor jack without a jack stand as long as the jack has sufficient capacity to support the weight of the entire vehicle.
45. Which of the following is are necessary step in the tire repair process?
46. When installing snow tires on a front-wheel drive vehicle, which of the following statement is true?
47. Which of the following areas must be inspected as part of the RIST procedure?
48. In the tire size 215/55/ R17 the 215 represents the
49. Technician A says all the tires should be inflated to the maximum inflation process molded on the sidewalk and the installed on the vertical. Technician B says all tires should be inflated with an air line assembly that includes a click-on check. Who is correct?
50. Which of the following statement regarding vulcanizing cement is true? It is acceptable to use a portable floor jack without a jack stand as long as the jack has sufficient capacity to support the weight of the entire vehicle.
No related question exists